How do I offer my business services to other businesses? originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
I’m delighted to see someone ask such a question. B2B sales are somewhat different from consumer sales. It would have been easier to answer if I knew what your service was. But many steps for success in B2B sales are universal so, I’ll list those below:
- Identify the companies that use the type of service you seek to sell.
- Find out the name and contact information for the person most likely to have approval authority for purchasing at your prospects.
- Plan a multi-pronged approached to introducing those people to your company using both online and offline methods.
- Online, send e-mails introducing your company to your prospective contact. Keep in mind, that mass mailings usually only get a 1% to 2% reply so to get anything send a lot of e-mails. Take whatever steps are necessary to get your prospect to visit your website, for greater details.
- Offer something free at your website like an e-book or something else that discusses the problems you feel they may face and a summary of the solutions you offer.
- Offline try to discover the places your prospects are most likely to frequent and make it a point to be there, with the intention of meeting them, passing out business cards and discussing your company.
- Where possible try to be a guest speaker at events tailored to your target market.
- Be certain you are ready to service the new business that should be a result of your marketing efforts.