Single-Page or Multi-Page Website: Which is The Perfect Fit for Your Business?
Many people find it hard to make the decision about single-page websites and multi-page websites since there is no rule of thumb. Given that, it is a “must” to know the ins and outs of both choices and figure out which works better for your business.
By | 3 min read
What are the pros and cons of a single-page website versus multi-page website? Originally appeared on Quora: the place to gain and share knowledge, empowering people to learn from others and better understand the world.
Single Page – Great for Showcasing a Single Product or Service
- “Nice” user experiences, good flow, tells a story
- Simplicity and direction: usually goal driven to sell a particular product/service/sign-up – cuts to the chase, conversion-oriented
- good for landing pages and PPC/email campaigns
- great for lazy developers
- limited SEO potential (really limited)
- limited scalability
- limited marketability
- limited content
Multi-Page – Great for SEO and Establishing Yourself as an Industry Expert
Pros – All of the above plus
- unlimited SEO potential
- unlimited scalability
- unlimited marketability
- unlimited content
None because you can apply single-page features to a multi-page website, so the only con really is: more work.
Contributed by Anna Gondzik, Web Developer & Marketer | www.itec.media