Preparing Your Pitch: Best Practices in Developing Your Business Briefing
Preparing Your Pitch: Best Practices in Developing Your Business Briefing (Webinar) is July 27, 11-Noon ET.
An expert will walk participants through a step-by-step process of building a business briefing that is invaluable to startups, early stage companies, growth, or even mature businesses. Facilitated by the Mason/Fairfax Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
Speaker: George Siragusa – Senior Business Advisor, Mason SBDC, Adjunct Professor, George Mason University teaching Entrepreneurship for Engineers at the School of Engineering, and Senior Mentor for 3 area Startup Venture Accelerators
Co-sponsor(s) & Partner(s): Prince William County Department of Economic Development & Prince William Chamber of Commerce
Cancellation Policy: Contact the Center regarding cancellation earlier than 24 business hours prior to event. Kindly email – firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) or call 703-261-4105 to notify the team.
Special Instruction: This live webinar will be presented via Zoom. Webinar access details (Zoom invitation) will be provided after registration.
Webinar Learning Objective
Please join Senior Business Counselor, and Adjunct GMU Professor George Siragusa, as he guides you through a step-by-step process of building a business briefing that is invaluable to startups, early stage companies, growth, or even mature businesses! During this NO-COST webinar you will:
- become aware of at least 5 scenarios in the life of a business when your business briefing may be needed and how they may be used in each case
- obtain a checklist containing 5 distinct “filters” or tests, ensuring you have taken the necessary and critical Lean Foundational Steps prior to starting the development of your business briefing
- see how an actionable framework, containing 5 basic “themes”, is used to test the critical business hypothesis in the marketplace needed during the “Lean Discovery Phase” of your journey, giving you deep insights and answers which will improve the effectiveness of your business briefing
- obtain an actionable, easy to use, step-by-step outline that forms the basis of a “StoryBoard”, the precursor to the full briefing, and the step that “jumpstarts” the process
- receive a file with an actual local business briefing used in an attempt to raise capital, complete with speaker notes and explained section by section along with perspectives, “do’s and don’ts”, all intended to guide your business briefing development
- AND… hear answers to many of your business briefing questions in real time!
THERE IS NO COST to ATTEND; but REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED.