I would highly recommend starting with some research. Find out who are the companies that are currently manufacturing components. Research whether or not your want to outsource or control the manufacturing yourself.
Honestly, it is amazing the amount of things that you can figure out if you just dedicate the time necessary to do some research.
Other than expanding your understanding, pay attention to these factors:
- Where are you building components?
- Where are you selling components?
- How are you going to reach consumers?
- How will you deliver the components?
- Who is responsible for installation?
- What is your quality control process?
- How are you going to protect your interests?
Build around the answers to those questions and you will be able to start the manufacturing business.